Excel provides expert, full-service environmental consulting and engineering services for investigation and remediation that are solution-oriented, innovative, and focused on the needs and objectives of each client. For many clients, Excel has conducted third-party reviews of ongoing environmental projects that the client, and/or the client’s legal counsel, is concerned may not be progressing as rapidly and/or as cost effectively as anticipated.
Typically, the client’s concerns are valid and, for one reason or another, the investigation and/or remediation is either technically or regulatively deficient, proceeding in a manner that is not the most effective or cost efficient, and/or the technical issues and costs have spiraled out of control with no end in sight.
Excel is extremely proud of our 100% success rate in re-directing these projects on behalf of our clients resulting in design and implementation of an investigation and/or remediation that achieves the client’s closure objectives saving significant time and money. In many cases, we have done so when multiple consultants before us were unsuccessful.
Excel is also proud of our track record of solving problems that others have said could not be solved, and have distinguished ourselves by thinking “out of the box” to successfully tackle complex environmental problems. Our private and public sector clients continue to call upon us to reliably and successfully solve their environmental problems and we have become a trusted member of their business, municipal, legal, and/or Brownfield redevelopment team.
Professional services associated with expert re-direction of problem environmental projects offered by Excel include:
Third Party Review
- Expert technical, regulatory, and cost efficiency review of ongoing environmental investigation and/or remediation projects using the client’s files supplemented, as necessary, by review of NJDEP files.
- Written summary of Excel’s conclusions and recommendations regarding the technical approach, compliance status, and cost-effectiveness of the work conducted to date, including an evaluation of whether or not the project is on a direct path to achieve closure in a reasonable timeframe.
- Based on Excel’s conclusions and recommendations, the client may provide feedback to the existing environmental consultation to enhance project performance or conclude that the project warrants re-direction.
- Using existing data generated by the previous environmental consultant(s), Excel has successfully re-characterized even the most complex geologic/hydrogeologic conditions to maximize the value of existing data and set the stage for re-direction of the project.
- A determination is made on a case-by-case basis as to whether or not supplemental field work is warranted to fill critical data gaps and/or address technical or regulatory deficiencies.
- Cost-benefit analyses to evaluate alternatives for achieving the client’s objectives based on variations in the technical, regulatory, and strategic approach.
- Coordination with the NJDEP Case Manager and Case Team to gain approval of the re-directed technical approach and restore NJDEP confidence that the project is back on track and that, working together, the client and Excel have a clear path forward to achieve compliance and closure.
Our unique team of geologists, environmental scientists, engineers, and real estate professionals has extensive hands-on, practical experience in all aspects of environmental compliance. We draw upon this experience to re-direct and then implement environmental projects involving the following Professional Services:
- Site Assessments and Investigations of Soil and Groundwater
- Grant/Loan Assistance/Financial Incentives
- Environmental Engineering and Design
- Turn-key Site Remediation and Construction Management Services
- Litigation and Cost Recovery